Was it a dream or did your soul mate really break the marriage vows and have an affair? The morning after you find out about an affair is really surreal. It’s hard to face reality so when you first wake up you are kind of in a daze. If you have been cheated on you know what I’m talking about. If you haven’t been cheated on I hope you never have to experience it.
So now that you have confirmed that your partner has cheated you what in the world happens next? Here’s what you don’t feel like doing?
- Seeing your cheating partner
- Going to work or leaving the house
- Receiving any phone calls
- Taking care of the kids when you are wounded and enraged
- Dealing with any of your partner’s stuff
- Watching any shows with infidelity scenes or hints of cheating
- Doing anything nice for your partner
Unfortunately, here are some things you feel like doing the morning after the affair is discovered;
- Smashing in your partner’s face (resist the urge)
- Throwing all of the cheaters stuff into the street ( just say no)
- Calling relatives and friends and letting them know what has happened (too soon)
- Showing up at your partner’s work place or social club to find out who the lover is (think twice)
- Causing physical damage to a vehicle or prized possession (don’t go for short term gratification)
- Asking your partner to move out
- Crawling back into bed and healing your broken heart by sleeping and overeating
There is no easy way to wake up the next morning after finding out about the affair. What you don’t want to do is make any rash decisions. You will most likely be going through a wide range of emotions and none of which you will be able to easily control.
I would suggest that you try to come to grips with the situation as soon as possible and realize the following;
- Your relationship does not have to automatically be over
- There is a process to restoring your broken relationship and it’s best to not try and resolve the matter overnight
- It will be a lengthy and painful process but if you want healing you forgiveness you can achieve it.
I don’t wish dealing with infidelity upon anyone. However, I know that it’s a reality today as many couples are faced with overcoming poor and stupid choices made by a partner.
If you are the victim of an unfaithful partner please hold your head up high and love yourself enough to start the healing and restoration process. You don’t have to slip into a deep depression and wallow in your pain and tears, for months.
I wish you all the best with your relationship and I’ll be praying for you. If you need more help in dealing with infidelity, please read more here; Dealing With Infidelity