I hope that the marriage help you are searching for can be found here on the help in marriage site. I know that you would like to fix your marriage now and end the frustration, pain and suffering. Divorce is obviously an option but just not the best one. So please take a moment and read through some of the information here to help your marriage rebound.
I don’t know if you or your spouse is the one more leaning toward divorce. Perhaps both of you have come to the conclusion that your marriage is dying or dead. If it is you who is giving up and thinking about divorce it’s a little easier to turn things around because you just need to have renewed hope. If your spouse is the one strongly thinking about divorce then it’s just a little harder because he or she needs to have a reason to think that your marriage is worth saving.
The question I have for you is what would help your marriage be restored?
- Do you need more intimacy from your spouse or perhaps you need to feel more attracted to your soul-mate?
- Is it selfishness on your spouse’s part that is forcing a distancing between the two of you?
- Have the problems in your marriage made you grown skeptical of ever thinking that any marriage help can fix your marriage problems?
When facing divorce I think you have to get out of your comfort zones and change the atmosphere in your home and relationship for any marriage help to work.
For example, you or your spouse has to communicate that divorce is not an option or a preference. Instead of using divorce as a threat or a weapon to get your marriage problems resolved, it will help in marriage to take divorce off the table.
If you or your spouse think that you are heading for divorce, your actions and words and hearts will help steer you right to divorce court. The reason being, if you are focusing on the divorce you will spend very little time working on fixing your marriage. No marriage help will aid in restoring your marriage if you have already made up in your mind to divorce.
If you make a few changes immediately, you might start to see a change in your relationship and perhaps give your marriage a chance.
- Refuse to start or participate in senseless arguments. It is very easy to get into heated arguments over unimportant matters when you are having marriage problems. Make a choice to stop doing this for the next couple of weeks.
- Try to be respectful and decent when interacting with your spouse. Don’t be rude or sarcastic or show facial expressions that shows your disgust. It is much more beneficial if you can smile instead of frown when talking with your spouse.
- Stop bringing up past failures or wrongs done to you by your spouse. Bringing up past hurts will only make matters worse and might not help your marriage at this time. The past needs to be dealt with but right now you need to stabilize your marriage.
Marriage can be difficult and even seem impossible at times. Marriage help should assist you in overcoming your marriage problems if you and your spouse have some desire to save your marriage. Divorce is an ugly and painful process. Please don’t let it come to that. There are many ways to fix your marriage as noted in many of the articles here on the Help In Marriage site.
I would also recommend that you take a close look at the Save Your Marriage Today resource noted below. It will cost you less than it does to fill up an SUV with premium gas and could give you the keys to turning around your marriage, starting today. See here for more details; Save My Marriage Today