Is it difficult for you to find ways on how to be a better husband because you are constantly battling with your pride and ego? It’s not easy owning up to not being the best husband that you can be. In fact, it’s one of the hardest things for men to admit because there is a sense of falling short of meeting your responsibilities.
Now, unless you expected your marriage to be perfect, you probably shouldn’t beat yourself up too much. The fact that you want to figure out how to be a better husband speaks volumes about your character and commitment.
Some husbands wait until they believe their wife is also willing to make changes to be a better wife. Don’t wait for your wife to change before you work on becoming a better husband. If both of you are waiting on the other and neither of you make any changes what you have is marital stalemate and problems. Here is what you are facing.
• Don’t try to figure out how to become a better husband and let your relationship erode over time and end up frustrated and perhaps separated or divorced. At the very least you could remain married but be miserable for the rest of your life.
• Figure out how to be a better husband and enjoy all of the benefits of being in a loving, caring and fulfilling marriage.
You see, I believe your marriage will either get worse or get better over time but will not stay the same. If nothing ever changes in your marriage e.g., growth, you will both begin to feel like you are in a rut and then you start to have doubts and questions about your marriage and future.
Steps To A Better Marriage And How To Be A Better Husband
1. Decide to love your wife unconditionally, regardless of what she does or doesn’t do. The best action you can take is to do things and make decisions with your wife’s best interest in mind. This requires you to be patient, forgiving and mindful of the big picture.
2. Apologize to your wife. Make plans to have some quality alone time with your wife and explain to her that you don’t believe you have loved her unconditionally and that often times you treat her as you feel like you are being treated. Let her know that you want to be a better husband and that you’d like a fresh start at loving her the way she deserves to be loved.
3. Ask for her suggestions. That’s right, one of the best ways to figure out how to be a better husband is to ask your wife if there are any specific things you could do to improve your marriage. Write them down and memorize the list.
4. Do what you need to do. It’s very easy to fall back into your old ways and feel as though it’s not helping your marriage because you are doing all of the changing. You may feel as though you are getting nothing in return from your wife. Don’t give in to the negative thoughts. You must stay focused and do what you need to do. Remember, you are committed to becoming a better husband, because you love her unconditionally.
5. Ask her for feedback. After working hard on how to be a better husband for a month, I would suggest you schedule another quite conversation with her and ask her how you are doing. If necessary, make a few changes and keep moving forward.
If you follow the steps above I think your quest to figure out how to be a better husband will have been achieved. I believe your marriage can and will improve in the next 30 days and before you know it your wife will be trying to figure out how to be a better wife.
There are many more steps you can take and different approaches to get your marriage to be pure love and happiness. Please take a look at a few of the resources below that I know has helped thousands of couples figure out how to love more and restore love that has been snatched away.
Don’t wait to figure out how to be a better husband because once you figure it out your marriage and life will never be the same. You can click on any of the resources shown below to get started today.