What are you supposed to do now that your heart has been broken and you can’t trust your spouse anymore? Have you been thinking about leaving or asking your spouse to leave? Maybe you are confused, dealing with mixed emotions and trying to control your anger and bitterness. Some days you probably feel so bad you want to throw in the towel right?
Dealing with broken trust hurts regardless if it’s relational or financial. There are times when folks find it hard to get back what they had before the trust was broken. There are some really greedy folks out there in the business world posing as Investors, who defraud people out of their life savings on a daily basis, to fund their selfish lifestyle.
I know financial broken trust hurts but it’s just different when it comes to unfaithfulness in a relationship. If you lost some money before and also lost a person you were in-love with, you know what I mean.
Is it possible for you to really find out why the affair occurred? Do you find it hard to believe anything your cheating partner tells you? Are you suspicious about your partner’s coming and going and have to fight thoughts about on-going cheating? Well, if you aren’t struggling with these questions it means one or two things; you no longer care or you are completely healed and over the affair. If you are finding it hard to look at your cheating partner or hold a conversation, you are just like 99.9% of the folks who have experienced what you are going through. Don’t beat yourself up over how you are feeling.
No one should expect you to get over the affair quickly. Your cheating partner of all people should understand that healing and forgiveness takes time. I don’t know how long it will take you to forgive the infidelity, but you will know when it’s time.
Dealing With Broken Trust
- Determine what you need to happen to trust again.
- Communicate your needs to your cheating partner.
- Set some boundaries and some goals so that you can measure your reconciliation progress.
- Take it one step and one day at a time. Move forward as a couple and don’t try to fix everything overnight. Healing takes time and needs to be complete.
Dealing With A Broken Heart
- Decide whether or not you want your broken heart to be healed. If you do you will work with your cheating partner to restore your relationship. If you don’t all of your actions will be negative and you will do what it takes to keep you apart.
- Understand that your relationship will forever be different but it can still be fabulous.
- Don’t let how you feel now control your thoughts about the future. With time if you work on gaining understanding and work on rebuilding trust, your broken heart will go from broken to cracked to healed.
How are you going to make it through this difficult time, is something you probably dwell on day and night. All I can say is that you don’t know what tomorrow holds. You will have to wait and see. And while you are waiting and seeing, why not have a little hope. Please don’t look at this period in your life as the end but rather the beginning of a new chapter in your life. You are the Author and you have the power to decide how the story ends.
You can do this. Start today restoring the broken trust and your broken heart.